Morristown NJ Marijuana Possession Lawyers
Criminal and DWI Defense Attorneys in Morristown Municipal Court
If you’ve been charged with a crime in Morristown, New Jersey, contact the aggressive criminal and DWI defense attorneys at the Tormey Law Firm.
Travis J. Tormey and his team of lawyers have extensive experience representing clients who have been charged with DWI, speeding, and marijuana possession in Morristown Municipal Court. Our experience has allowed us to develop a series of advanced defense strategies that we use to beat criminal and DWI charges in New Jersey courts. Mr. Tormey has also been quoted by the Asbury Park Press regarding Megan’s Law registration and, most recently, in the Bergen Record as to his opinion on the rise in reported luring incidents. Prior to starting the Tormey Law Firm, Mr. Tormey worked at the United States Attorney’s Office in a variety of areas, including the gang task force, sex crimes unit, and white collar crimes units.
One of our firm’s partners, Alissa D. Hascup, served with the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office for years, handling serious cases such as possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, attempted murder, and aggravated assault. Ms. Hascup is also a former Morris County Municipal Prosecutor, which means that she has an insider’s understanding of how the other side will operate in your case.
The lawyers from the Tormey Law Firm appear in courts throughout Morris County on a daily basis. Contact us 24 hours a day at 866-949-6948, or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation about your case.
A Morris County NJ Criminal Law Firm with Exceptional Credentials
- Our trial team includes a former Morris County municipal prosecutor who handles all kinds of criminal cases, including simple assault, DWI, and disorderly conduct. This gives us the edge we need to help you beat your case.
- We also have a former Morris County assistant prosecutor on staff. Some of her trials included attempted murder, burglary, and distribution of 350 pounds of marijuana.
- We have an office conveniently located in Morris County, which means that we are always available for an in-person consultation.
- Our firm’s managing partner has successfully represented thousands of clients and appears in courts throughout Morris County on a daily basis. Check out his Morris County blog.
Morristown Municipal Court Information
Morristown is a town in Morris County, NJ, with a population of more than 18,000 people. It is often referred to as “the military capital of the American Revolution” because of the role it played in the American Revolutionary War. The Morristown Municipal Court typically handles traffic and parking summonses, most minor criminal matters, and municipal ordinance violations. The only criminal cases that are heard at the local municipal court level are disorderly persons offenses and petty disorderly persons offenses. More serious offenses (indictable felony charges) involving jail exposure greater than six (6) months are initially processed in local municipal court before being turned over to the Morris County Prosecutor and sent to Morris County Superior Court, which is also located in Morristown, NJ.
The Morristown Municipal Court is located at 200 South Street in Morristown, NJ. The court office is open Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, and the court office can be contacted directly at (973) 292-6687. For more information on the Morristown Municipal Court, visit their official website.
- Michael J. Noonan is the Chief Judge.
- Gary F. Troxell is the Judge.
- Robert Rudy is the Prosecutor.
- Mary Ann Dillon is the Court Administrator.
Other Helpful Links and Information about Morristown NJ
- For further information about Morristown, visit the Morristown website.
- The Morristown Police Department is also located at 200 South Street. They can be contacted at (973) 538-2200. For more information on the Morristown Police Department, visit their website.
- For news and information on Morris County, check out the NJ.com website.
Contact a Morristown NJ DWI Lawyer for a Free Consultation
If you or someone you know has been charged with a crime in Morristown, NJ, call the Tormey Law Firm today for a free consultation. Let us help you set the record straight and avoid serious criminal penalties. You can contact us 24 hours a day at 866-949-6948, or you can simply use our online contact form to schedule an appointment.