Morris Township NJ Simple Assault Lawyers
Criminal and DWI Defense Attorneys with offices in Morristown, New Jersey
If you’ve been charged with a criminal or drug offense in Morris Township, New Jersey, contact the aggressive criminal and DWI defense attorneys at the Tormey Law Firm.
Travis J. Tormey and his team of lawyers have successfully defended countless clients charged with marijuana possession, DWI/DUI, and speeding in Morris Township Municipal Court. Mr. Tormey previously worked at the United States Attorney’s Office in a variety of areas, including the gang task force, sex crimes unit, and white collar crimes units.
Additionally, one of our firm’s partners, Alissa D. Hascup, has prosecutorial experience with the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office. During her time there, she was sworn in as a Special Deputy Attorney General and prosecuted serious drug cases, including possession of marijuana with intent to distribute. Ms. Hascup’s experience extends to the NJ municipal court system, in which she served as a Morris County Municipal Prosecutor. Our lawyers’ experience as both prosecutors and criminal defense attorneys means that we can anticipate the prosecution’s arguments in your case.
The lawyers from the Tormey Law Firm appear in Morris County courtrooms on a daily basis. Contact us anytime at 866-949-6948, or use the online contact form to schedule an appointment.
Morris County NJ Criminal Lawyers Equipped to Help You
- Our trial team includes a former Morris County municipal prosecutor who handles all kinds of criminal cases, including simple assault, DWI, and disorderly conduct. This gives us the edge we need to help you beat your case.
- We also have a former Morris County assistant prosecutor on staff. Some of her trials included attempted murder, burglary, and distribution of 350 pounds of marijuana.
- We have an office conveniently located in Morris County, which means that we are always available for an in-person consultation.
- Our firm’s managing partner has successfully represented thousands of clients and appears in courts throughout Morris County on a daily basis. Check out his Morris County blog.
Morris Township Municipal Court Information
Morris Township is a township in Morris County, NJ, with a growing population of more than 22,300 people. The Morris Township Municipal Court is a court of limited jurisdiction. It typically handles minor criminal matters and traffic offenses. The only criminal cases that are heard at the local municipal court level are disorderly persons offenses and petty disorderly persons offenses. More serious offenses (indictable felony charges) involving jail exposure greater than six (6) months are sent to Morris County Superior Court, which is located in Morristown, NJ.
The Morris Township Municipal Court has now been merged with the Madison Joint Municipal Court at the Hartley Dodge Memorial Building in Madison, New Jersey. The address is: 50 Kings Road Madison, NJ 07940. For further information about the Morris Township Municipal Court, go to their official website.
- Robert J. Nish is the Judge.
- Matheu Nunn is the Prosecutor.
- James J. Lavin is the Court Administrator.
Other Helpful Links and Information about Morris Township NJ
- For more information about Morris Township, visit the Morris Township website.
- The Morris Township Police Department is located 49 Woodland Avenue. They can be contacted at (973) 539-0777. For more information on the Morris Township Police Department, see their website.
- For news and information on Morris County, check out the NJ.com website.
Contact our Morris Township NJ DUI Attorneys for a Free Consultation
If you are facing a drug charge in Morris Township, NJ, call the Tormey Law Firm today for a free consultation. We will look over your file and determine the proper course of action to help you avoid serious drug possession penalties. Contact us 24 hours a day at 866-949-6948, or use our online contact form to schedule an appointment.