Travis J. Tormey is the founding partner of the Tormey Law Firm, a criminal defense firm that helps clients fight criminal charges throughout New Jersey, including Morris County, Bergen County, and Essex County. Travis regularly defends students at Rutgers and Seton Hall who have been charged with criminal offenses. Travis previously attended Rutgers as an undergrad and graduated with summa cum laude honors. He also earned his J.D. from Seton Hall Law School, where he graduated with cum laude honors. Today, Travis remains actively involved with both universities.
Travis J. Tormey Helps Rutgers Students Avoid Criminal Penalties
The main campus for Rutgers is located in New Brunswick, NJ. Rutgers University also has campuses in Camden and Newark. Seton Hall has a main campus located in East Orange, New Jersey and a law school in Newark, NJ. Travis J. Tormey routinely represents students from Rutgers and Seton Hall who have been charged with crimes, including felony-level offenses and lower-level disorderly persons offenses. Whether you have been charged with a drug offense like simple possession of marijuana or cocaine possession, an assault crime like simple assault or aggravated assault, or a theft offense like shoplifting or theft of movable property, Mr. Tormey can assist you and help you avoid the most severe penalties.
Travis Tormey and the Tormey Law Firm also know how to defend clients against drunk driving charges, including charges for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) and Driving Under the Influence (DUI). If you’ve been stopped for drunk driving anywhere in New Brunswick, East Orange, Newark, or Camden, Mr. Tormey can assist you.
Travis Tormey’s impressive credentials as a New Jersey criminal defense attorney include the following:
- Travis has successfully represented many clients charged with criminal offenses in NJ superior courts and municipal courts.
- Travis formerly worked for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey in the sex crimes, white collar crimes, and gang task force units.
- Before Travis founded the Tormey Law Firm, he was employed by two of the largest criminal defense law firms in New Jersey.
- Travis is uniquely qualified to fight DWI and DUI charges because he has been certified in the operation and maintenance of the Alcotest 7110 breathalyzer device, the state’s official breath-testing machine.
- Travis has been recognized for his legal expertise in several media outlets, including the Asbury Park Press, the Bergen Record, and the Daily Record – all three of which featured Travis in articles on NJ criminal charges.
- Travis has been named one of the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under 40 in NJ by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. He has also been named one of the Top 40 Attorneys Under 40 in the Nation by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
Travis Tormey Fights Criminal Charges in Morris County, New Jersey
Travis Tormey and the criminal defense team at the Tormey Law Firm regularly defend clients against criminal charges, DWI offenses, and traffic tickets in courtrooms throughout Morris County, New Jersey. Mr. Tormey has successfully represented numerous clients facing criminal charges and has earned the respect of his legal peers in Morris County and everywhere else in New Jersey.
Here are just a few of the recent cases that Travis has successfully handled in Morris County courtrooms:
- Travis Tormey Secures PTI for Morristown Credit Card Fraud Charges
- Parsippany NJ Theft Charges Dismissed
- Parsippany Simple Assault Charges Dropped
- Morris County Restraining Order Dismissed
Travis Tormey has also garnered an online following as a result of his invaluable YouTube videos, which provide information on how to beat criminal charges in Morris County and elsewhere in NJ. Here are a few of Travis’ top videos on fighting New Jersey criminal charges: