Criminal Defense Lawyer Morris County NJ
Experienced Morristown NJ Criminal and DWI Attorneys Who Will Fight for You
If you have been charged with a crime in Morris County, New Jersey, the consequences can be severe. Morris County prosecutors are among the toughest in the state – they will not hesitate to seek the maximum penalties in criminal and DWI cases. A criminal conviction for a crime of any kind can ruin your life. Your freedom may be at stake. Your financial security could be at risk. Without the proper legal representation, a criminal charge can tarnish your permanent record. The wrong outcome to your case can negatively impact you and your family for the rest of your lives.
Statistically speaking, hiring an experienced criminal defense lawyer might be your only hope of avoiding the most serious criminal penalties and potentially getting the charges against you dismissed entirely. A criminal charge in Morris County, NJ must not be taken lightly. You not only need effective legal defense; you should demand it.
The Tormey Law Firm is a team of skilled and experienced criminal defense lawyers who know how to get you a win in the courtroom. We understand the importance of vigorously defending you against your charges. We will aggressively protect your rights both in and out of the courtroom.
Perhaps most importantly, our attorneys are prepared to defend you in Morris County courtrooms. Simply put, our credentials in Morris County are unmatched:
- Travis J. Tormey, our firm’s founding partner, has an impressive track record of successfully defending clients charged with a wide variety of criminal offenses throughout Morris County.
- One of our firm’s partners is a former Morris County municipal prosecutor (2013) who regularly handles criminal cases in Morris County. Having a former Morris County prosecutor on staff gives us a huge edge in the courtroom because we know how the other side thinks. We have unique insight into prosecutorial strategies and, as a result, we are able to anticipate the prosecution’s arguments in your case. This also provides us with a major advantage when negotiating with the prosecutor in your case.
- Our trial team also includes a former Morris County Assistant Prosecutor and Special Deputy Attorney General who has successfully handled many high-profile criminal trials, including attempted murder, aggravated assault, distribution of 350 pounds of marijuana, and weapons offenses.
- In fact, all of our attorneys have impressive legal backgrounds. Travis Tormey has experience defending clients against criminal charges in both state and federal courts. Prior to founding the Tormey Law Firm, Mr. Tormey served honorably and with distinction with the United States Attorney’s Office under now-governor Chris Christie. Mr. Tormey also worked for two of the largest criminal defense law firms in the state, representing clients in both Superior Court and Municipal Court.
- Mr. Tormey’s legal expertise has also been recognized in several media outlets. The Asbury Park Press cited Mr. Tormey as a legal authority on Megan’s Law Registration Requirements and Sexual Offenses in New Jersey. The Bergen Record requested Mr. Tormey’s expert legal opinion on luring offenses in New Jersey. And the Daily Record featured Mr. Tormey in an article on shoplifting and the immigration consequences of a shoplifting conviction.
- Mr. Tormey is also an Alcotest 7110 certified DWI defense lawyer. Mr. Tormey has the distinction of being one of only a handful of attorneys in New Jersey to be certified in the operation and maintenance of the state’s official breath-testing machine, the Draeger Alcotest 7110. Because of his impressive background and experience, Mr. Tormey is always fully prepared to challenge the admissibility of the breath-testing results in your case.
- Mr. Tormey’s Morris County blog, the Morristown Criminal Law Post, is a respected legal resource that has been cited by AOL News. The blog provides news alerts and frequent updates on important criminal cases in Morris County.
- Mr. Tormey received the AVVO clients choice awards in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. He was also named one of the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under 40 In New Jersey in 2014 by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. He was also heralded as one of the Top 40 Attorneys Under 40 in the Nation in 2014 by the National Trial Lawyers Association. In 2016, Mr. Tormey was named one of the top 10 criminal lawyers in the State of NJ by the American Jurist Institute.
- We have an office conveniently located in Morristown. This means that we are always available for an in-person consultation to answer your questions, to address your concerns, and to discuss any aspect of your case.
- Assault and Threat Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Theft and Fraud Offenses
- Weapons Offenses
- Sex Crimes
- Traffic Violations
Aggressive and Highly Motivated DWI and Criminal Defense Team
Our experienced attorneys are committed to ensuring that your rights are protected during every phase of the legal process. We use our negotiation skills to successfully resolve many of our clients’ cases without ever needing to go to trial. To this end, we have developed a series of advanced defense strategies that we use to challenge the evidence in your case. Our attorneys always begin by reviewing the evidence to determine whether its admissibility can be challenged. If at all possible, we will seek to get the evidence thrown out in court and the charges against you dismissed.
Even if there are no suppression issues in your case, our attorneys will attempt to resolve your case so that you avoid the most serious penalties. If possible, we will negotiate with the prosecutor to reduce or potentially dismiss the charges against you. We may be able to negotiate probation or another alternative sentencing solution. In certain circumstances, we will get you admitted into a diversionary program such as the Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI) program. This will depend on your prior record and the degree of the charges you face. If you qualify for a diversionary program, the charges against you could be dismissed upon successful completion of the program.
Finally, if your case does end up going to trial, our battle-tested attorneys will fight to secure you a win in the courtroom. We are always prepared to do battle in the courtroom, and we always expect to win because we are that good.
Contact an Experienced Morris County NJ Criminal Defense Lawyer to Schedule a Free Consultation
When you choose the Tormey Law Firm, you are ensuring that your rights will be protected. Our skilled criminal defense lawyers will guide you through every step of the legal process. We know what it takes to get a win in the courtroom.
Contact us today for a free consultation. You can call us at 201.355.5385 or toll free at 866.949.6948, or you can use the online contact form. A member of our criminal defense team will be happy to review the facts of your case and answer any questions you might have about your charges. We can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Evening and weekend meetings are always available.