Local Denville DUI Attorneys – Morris County NJ
Denville NJ DWI Lawyers Near Me – With offices in Morristown, NJ
If you have been arrested for DWI charges in Denville, New Jersey, your next step should be to find the best defense lawyer. When looking for a DUI attorney in Denville, you want the person who is the most equipped to challenge the evidence in your case. The Morris County NJ DWI defense team at the Tormey Law Firm LLC has literally handled thousands of DWI cases in New Jersey, including in Denville and throughout Morris County. When you are facing DUI, we understand that the strength of your defense could mean the difference between serious penalties such as a lengthy driver’s license suspension, hefty fines, and even time in the county jail, and avoiding those penalties by having the charges dismissed in court.
The Denville NJ DWI Defense lawyers at the Tormey Law Firm LLC have credentials that are unmatched, including a former NJ DWI prosecutor, an Alcotest 7110 Certified DWI defense attorney, a certified field sobriety test instructor and a retired NJ state trooper who is certified on both the breath machine and field sobriety testing who serves as an expert witness.
The credentials and experience of our DWI defense team utilizes will put you in a better position to fight your DWI case in Denville Municipal Court. Contact our offices now for immediate assistance at 908-336-5008. The initial consultation is always provided free of charge. You can also send us a message to arrange a free consultation at our convenient Morris County office.
DWI Charges in Denville Township NJ
All driving under the influence offenses allegedly committed in the Township of Denville will be handled at the Denville Municipal Court. The Denville Municipal Court shares a court with the Mountain Lakes Municipal Court. It is located at 1 St. Mary’s Place in Denville, NJ. The court office is open Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, and the court office can be contacted directly at (973) 625-8300 ext. 2. For more information on the Denville Municipal Court, visit their official website.
- Gerard Smith is the Judge.
- James LaSala is the Prosecutor.
- Lorrie A. Garabrant is the Court Administrator.
Defending a Drunk Driving Case in Denville
One of the most important things an attorney can do when fighting your Denville NJ DWI case, is to challenge the breath reading. If the reading gets thrown out of court, this will lead to lower penalties in terms of your license suspension and could lead to the DWI being dismissed entirely. Travis J. Tormey, our managing partner, has been certified on the Alcotest 7110 breath testing device, the only device used to obtain breath samples in New Jersey DWI cases, for many years. Some of the things our Denville NJ DWI trial team will examine with regards to the machine include if the machine was calibrated properly and recently, if the solution changes were done properly and recently, and if the police officer who conducted your breath test was properly licensed and certified to do so. In addition, we will look at other factors that could jeopardize the validity of the breath reading including:
- The 20 minute observation period: The officer must watch you for 20 minutes before placing you on the breath machine. The NJ supreme Court established this policy because it makes sure that you haven’t eaten anything, smoked a cigarette, burched or belched, or anything else that could effect your mouth alcohol levels and give the machine a false reading. If the 20 minute period was not properly conducted, the reading is unreliable and should be suppressed from court.
- All portable electronic devices must be removed from the testing room. If they are present, this could effect the machine’s reliability.
- The officer must check your mouth and remove any foreign objects like gum, tongue rings, etc. Their presence would effect the machine’s reliability.
- The officer must switch mouthpieces in between the two samples they obtain from you. If they use the same mouthpiece twice, it could have residual alcohol in it and give the machine a false reading.
Consult a Local DWI Lawyer in Denville, New Jersey
The circumstances of your DWI arrest will determine the possible defense strategies that can be used to challenge your charges for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Above we explained just some of the ways our Denville DWI lawyers will examine and attack the evidence in your case to achieve the best possible result. For more information, contact our offices now for a free initial consultation at 908-336-5008.