Dover NJ Criminal Defense Lawyers
Criminal and DWI Defense Attorneys in Dover Municipal Court
If you are convicted of a DWI in Dover, NJ, you could lose your license, while a criminal conviction could expose you to fines, a criminal record, and even jail time. That’s why you need to contact the aggressive criminal and DWI defense attorneys at the Tormey Law Firm.
Travis J. Tormey and his team of lawyers have extensive experience representing clients charged with DWI, speeding, and marijuana possession in Dover Municipal Court. Mr. Tormey is also an expert on sex crimes in New Jersey, having been quoted by the Asbury Park Press regarding Megan’s Law registration and, most recently, in the Bergen Record as to his opinion on the rise in reported luring incidents. Mr. Tormey previously worked at the United States Attorney’s Office in a variety of areas, including the gang task force, sex crimes unit, and white collar crimes units.
One of our firm’s partners, Alissa D. Hascup, has experience with the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office, where she worked for years and was sworn in as a Special Deputy Attorney General. Ms. Hascup successfully represented the State of New Jersey at numerous trials, including attempted murder, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, and aggravated assault cases. At the Tormey Law Firm, our lawyers’ experience as both prosecutors and defense attorneys gives us a major advantage when we combat the charges in your case because we know how the other side thinks.
The lawyers from the Tormey Law Firm appear in courts throughout Morris County on a daily basis. Contact us 24 hours a day at 866-949-6948, or use our online contact form to arrange a free consultation about your case.
Our Morris County NJ Criminal and DWI Defense Law Firm
- Our trial team includes a former Morris County municipal prosecutor who handles all kinds of criminal cases, including simple assault, DWI, and disorderly conduct. This gives us the edge we need to help you beat your case.
- We also have a former Morris County assistant prosecutor on staff. Some of her trials included attempted murder, burglary, and distribution of 350 pounds of marijuana.
- We have an office conveniently located in Morris County, which means that we are always available for an in-person consultation.
- Our firm’s managing partner has successfully represented thousands of clients and appears in courts throughout Morris County on a daily basis. Check out his Morris County blog.
- Our managing partner’s vast experience led to him being quoted in the Asbury Park Press as a legal authority on Megan’s Law and sex offenses in New Jersey. He has also been featured in an article in The Daily Record on shoplifting and the immigration consequences of a shoplifting conviction.
- Our DWI defense team includes an Alcotest 7110 certified DWI defense lawyer, one of only a handful of attorneys in the entire state who are certified on the breath-testing machine.
Dover NJ Municipal Court Information
Dover is a town in Morris County, NJ, with a population of more than 18,000 people. The Dover Municipal Court handles traffic summonses, minor criminal matters, and municipal ordinance violations. The only criminal cases that are heard at the local municipal court level are disorderly persons offenses and petty disorderly persons offenses. More serious offenses (indictable felony charges) involving jail exposure greater than six (6) months are initially processed in local municipal court before being sent to Morris County Superior Court, which is located in Morristown, NJ.
The Dover Municipal Court is located at 37 North Sussex Street in Dover, NJ. The court office is open Monday-Friday 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, and the court office can be contacted directly at (973) 366-2200 ext. 1137. For more information on the Dover Municipal Court, visit their official website.
- Michael M. Luther is the Chief Municipal Court Judge.
- Gerard Smith is the Municipal Court Judge.
- Lisa Thompson and Douglas R. Cabana are the Prosecutors.
- Sonia Barria is the Court Administrator.
Other Helpful Links and Information about Dover NJ
- For additional information about Dover, visit the Dover website.
- The Dover Police Department is also located at 37 North Sussex Street. They can be contacted at (973) 366-0302. For more information on the Dover Police Department, go to their website.
- For news and information on Morris County, check out the NJ.com website.
Contact a Dover NJ DUI Defense Attorney for Immediate Assistance
If you are facing a DWI charge in Dover, NJ, call the Tormey Law Firm today for a free consultation. We can formulate a strategy that will help you avoid serious criminal penalties and potentially get your case dismissed. Contact our Morris County office 24 hours a day at: 866-949-6948.